Sunday, July 19, 2015

Upstairs Bathroom Redo



Our upstairs bathroom was an eyesore.  I can happily say WAS!  The bathroom has been one of the first things that I redid.  I couldn't stand the brown explosion that was in there. 



For this bathroom I wanted to do a beachy theme.  And I chose a blue for the walls that was bright enough to feel open but warm enough to make me forget it was ever brown!  I used Glidden Duo in Tropical Lagoon.  This house was completely painted in Almond colored paint and I mean completely: doors, trim, walls, etc.  This was one of the only rooms that had a color on the walls.  I was so pleased to see it go! 
I love it already

 Progress!

  Color Complete!

I wanted to update the oak cabinet as well and I chose to go with a driftwood look that I was able to accomplish with a Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation Kit in white.  I am really impressed with how well it has held up against daily wear and tear.  It was also fairly easy to use; the only frustration is having to wait for the glaze to dry but I'm just impatient! I decided to keep the medicine cabinet because I like having the extra storage. I really love how nicely it goes with the bathroom. I am so pleased with the results!
This is what it looked like afterwards...

To finish the bathroom I swapped out the gold door knobs and hinges with brushed nickle, changed the light fixture and the faucet with brushed nickle and added brushed nickle hardware to the cabinet.  The finished product was such a breath of fresh air from what we had previously! One of the greatest parts of this bathroom redo is that it was pretty inexpensive.  For everything the tab was just under $200!






Thanks for reading!

Valerie









No comments:

Post a Comment