Friday, August 21, 2015

Foam Rollers!

Foam Rollers! Wow they are game changing!  A bit ago I wandering through the paint aisle waiting for my Navy paint to finish being mixed and I saw the foam roller.  Had a “what the heck” moment and stuck it in the cart.  I’d heard that they were great for furniture and trim but I was a skeptic and kept to my non-foam rollering ways.  I redid the dresser for the boys’ room and let me tell you I am an advocate. 



I found a great deal on this dresser at 10$.  It was quite unattractive when we bought it but I was optimistic in its potential.  I decided on Rich Navy by Glidden as the color and I chose a flat finish for two reasons.  The first is because it is forgiving and hides the imperfections well.  The second was because matte navy is beautiful and bold without being overpowering which I thought would be a nice addition to the boys’ room.  




I reused the knobs and spray-painted them black.   I used Rustoleum’s Hammered Black Spray Paint.  It has really great coverage and it’s pretty durable. 



The paint went on smooth and even. Not a brush stroke in sight!


Thanks for reading!


Valerie


No comments:

Post a Comment